SimCoLab is a community-operated workspace where people with common interests, often in computers, technology, science, digital art or electronic art, can meet, socialise and/or collaborate. We exists to develop a community of people interested in making awesome things and promoting the entire cycle.
SimCoLab works to:
- Build and maintain spaces suitable for technical and social collaboration.
- Collaborate on all forms of technology, culture and craft in new and interesting ways.
- Apply the results of its work to specific cultural, charitable and scientific causes.
- Freely share its research and discoveries, using what is learned to teach others.
- Recruit and develop talented members dedicated to these purposes.
- Teach one another through collaborative projects and/or workshops for children, youth, adults and seniors
Interested in learning new tech skills, building cool projects, and meeting creative people? We’re starting a hackerspace in Barrie and would love to have you on board. Who are we? So far, we’re a motley crew of developers, engineers, artists, librarians, and educators with diverse backgrounds interested in building a collaborative, community workshop in Barrie. We’d love to meet you!